Friday, September 28, 2018

RECAP OF SELECTIONS FROM 09/22/18

Barretts Juvenile at Los Alamitos: When a Hall of Fame trainer like Jerry Hollendorfer debuts a $600,000 Cal-bred son of Uncle Mo in a $100,000 stakes race, you better sit up and take notice and most horseplayers (including yours truly) did as GALILEAN ($3.80) earned a hard fought victory while battling his way to victory down the long Los Alamitos stretch.

Kelso Handicap (G2) at Belmont Park: Smarter horseplayers than me hopefully cashed in this race as my top two selections ran a dull fourth and fifth while losing to my longshot value play (PATTERNRECOGNITION, $13.20), who was trained by none other than Chad Brown.

Pennsylvania Derby (G1) at Parx: I harp on a daily basis that ‘west is best’ (yes, I admit I’m very Southern California biased, but how many East Coast horses do you see ship west and win?) and yet, the $1 exacta of MCKINZIE and AXELROD pays $50.60 and I don’t have a penny on it? Unfathomable!

Cotillion (G1) at Parx: They call him ‘Big Money Rider’ Mike Smith for a reason and what a day he had in Philadelphia as he emerged victorious in both $1 million races at Parx, including his win (via DQ) in this race on MIDNIGHT BISOU ($10.40). West is bes… Oh, never mind.

The post RECAP OF SELECTIONS FROM 09/22/18 appeared first on TVG BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment