Thursday, August 30, 2018

RECAP OF SELECTIONS FROM 08/18/18

Del Mar Oaks (G1) at Del Mar: FATALE BERE ($16.00) has now won exactly half of her career starts (5-for-10), which allowed my recommended $2 exacta wager with second place finisher OLLIE’S CANDY to cash for $60.20. Good start to the weekend!

Alabama (G1) at Saratoga: Division leader MONOMOY GIRL skipped this race, allowing a filly who she had soundly beaten three straight times (ESKIMO KISSES, $20.00) to notch this prestigious Grade 1 victory. And even though I isolated her as my longshot value play, I did not show a profit for this race as I failed to recommend any specific wagers on her.

Del Mar Handicap (G2) at Del Mar: Similar (and painful) wagering result for yours truly as I classified eventual winner FASHION BUSINESS ($10.20) as my third ranked contender with the comment “his effort two back was a beauty,” but alas, nothing cooking in the recommended wagering department. Stupid is as stupid does!

TVG Pacific Classic (G1) at Del Mar: The richest race of the meet generated one of the shortest priced winners of the meet (ACCELERATE, $2.80), but I recommended a $25 exacta with PAVEL, which enabled you to get more than 3/1 on your money ($4.10 for $1). Easy game!

The post RECAP OF SELECTIONS FROM 08/18/18 appeared first on TVG BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment