Thursday, August 16, 2018

RECAP OF SELECTIONS FROM 08/04/18

Yellow Ribbon Handicap (G2) at Del Mar: CAMBODIA ($5.40) successfully defended her title in this race and continued to display her fondness for the Del Mar turf course, with three victories (plus a third place finish in the G1 2017 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf) from five career starts. And I was along for the ride as I recommended a $20 win wager on her nose.

Test (G1) at Saratoga: Excellent result for the newsletter in this race as SEPERATIONOFPOWERS ($6.60), MIA MISCHIEF and KELLY’S HUMOR finished first, second and third respectively, allowing us to cash a $2 exacta worth $27.60 as well as a $1 trifecta that paid $85.74.

Whitney (G1) at Saratoga: DIVERSIFY ($5.20) is the definition of a horse in sharp form as he won this prestigious race to make it six wins from his last eight starts. I totally respected his chances to win this race (ranking him as my second selection), but the chink in my handicapping logic was trying to eliminate MIND YOUR BISCUITS from the exacta. Alas, I paid the price by recommending nothing but losing wagers. It happens!

West Virginia Derby (G3) at Mountaineer: I properly identified MR FREEZE ($15.20) as my longshot value play in the race, then didn’t allocate one penny to him in my recommended wagering strategies. My bad.

The post RECAP OF SELECTIONS FROM 08/04/18 appeared first on TVG BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment