Friday, January 26, 2018

RECAP OF SELECTIONS FROM 12/30/2017

Midnight Lute (G3) at Santa Anita: Most of my recommended wagers were tied to AMERICANIZE (who finished third) and MASOCHISTIC (who scratched), so the race basically turned into a non-betting race for me, although I did identify the eventual winner (SILENT BIRD, $8.20) as my longshot value play, whose odds would have been higher if MASOCHISTIC didn’t scratch.

American Oaks (G1) at Santa Anita: This turned out to be the key race of the day to determine if I would show a overall profit or loss, but alas it resulted in a loss as I missed hitting the $1 trifecta (which paid $112.70) by leaving out KATHY’S SONG, who wound up finishing third despite having never competed at this demanding mile-and-one-quarter distance.

Damon Runyon at Aqueduct: Racing at the Big A was cancelled after Race 4, so this race was not run.

Allen Jerkens at Gulfstream Park: Totally whiffed on this race as my analysis comment on the winner, RUN TIME ($22.20), was ‘pass’. Yikes – Glad 2017 has come to an end!

The post RECAP OF SELECTIONS FROM 12/30/2017 appeared first on TVG - HORSE RACING INSIDER BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment